Apache Solr is a popular open-source search platform that is built on top of Apache Lucene. Some of the key features of Solr include:
- Full-text search: Solr allows for fast and accurate full-text search across large collections of data, with support for Boolean, wildcard, and fuzzy searches.
- Faceted search: Solr provides the ability to perform faceted search, which allows users to filter search results by specific criteria such as category, price, or brand.
- High scalability: Solr is designed to scale horizontally, allowing it to handle large amounts of data and traffic, making it suitable for high-traffic sites and enterprise search applications.
- Real-time indexing: Solr supports real-time indexing, which allows for new documents to be indexed and made searchable almost instantly.
- Advanced analytics: Solr provides a wide range of analytics and reporting capabilities, including support for statistics, analytics, and data visualization.
- Multi-language support: Solr supports multiple languages, including Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, with built-in support for language-specific text analysis and tokenization.
- Customizable relevance ranking: Solr allows for customizable relevance ranking, which allows you to fine-tune how search results are ranked based on a variety of factors, such as popularity, recency, and relevance.
- Distributed search and indexing: Solr allows for distributed search and indexing, which allows you to distribute the load of searching and indexing across multiple servers, providing increased scalability and fault tolerance.
- RESTful API: Solr has a RESTful API, which allows you to interact with the Solr core using HTTP requests, making it easy to integrate with other systems and applications.
- Extensible plugin architecture: Solr has a plugin architecture that allows you to add custom functionality, such as custom document parsers, custom query parsers, and custom request handlers.
Apache Solr is a powerful and flexible search platform that provides a wide range of features, including full-text search, faceted search, high scalability, real-time indexing, advanced analytics, multi-language support, customizable relevance ranking, distributed search and indexing, RESTful API, and an extensible plugin architecture.