A website redesign can be a great way to give your online presence a boost and improve your website's performance. However, there are certain dos and don'ts to keep in mind to ensure that your website redesign is successful. Here's a comprehensive guide to the dos and don'ts of website redesigns:
- Do set clear goals: Before starting your website redesign, define clear goals and objectives for what you want to achieve. This can help you to stay on track and ensure that your redesign is aligned with your business goals.
- Do research your audience: Understanding your audience is key to a successful website redesign. Conduct research to identify your target audience's needs, preferences, and behaviour, and use this information to inform your redesign.
- Do create a responsive design: With the majority of internet traffic coming from mobile devices, a responsive design that adapts to any screen size is crucial. Make sure your website is designed with mobile devices in mind first and foremost.
- Do focus on user experience: A website that offers a seamless and intuitive user experience is more likely to engage and retain visitors. Focus on creating a website that's easy to use and navigate, with clear calls-to-action and high-quality content.
- Do keep SEO in mind: To ensure that your website performs well in search engine rankings, keep SEO in mind throughout your redesign process. This can include strategies such as keyword research, on-page optimisation, and link building.
- Don't rush the process: A website redesign is a significant undertaking, and rushing the process can lead to mistakes and oversights. Take your time and ensure that your redesign is well-planned and executed.
- Don't ignore your current website's strengths: Your current website may already have strengths that are worth retaining. Identify what's working well and build on these strengths in your redesign.
- Don't neglect the technical details: A website redesign involves more than just the visual design. Ensure that the technical details, such as website speed and functionality, are also addressed in your redesign.
- Don't forget about branding: Your website is an extension of your brand, so ensure that your redesign is aligned with your brand's identity and values.
- Don't overlook user testing: Before launching your redesigned website, conduct user testing to ensure that it's easy to use and intuitive for your target audience. This can help you to identify and address any issues before they become a problem.
A successful website redesign requires careful planning and execution. By following the dos and don'ts outlined above, you can ensure that your redesign is aligned with your business goals, offers a great user experience, and performs well in search engine rankings.